It’s over 20 years we are working with titanium implants and we fully trust them, for their great osseointegration and multiple treatment options they provide.
Titanium is a biocompatible, non-corrosive metal without magnetic properties, no chemical interactions with the bone or gum, does not damage adjacent teeth and is extremely resistant.
We work exclusively with NOBEL – BIOCARE implants as they give us the confidence to be the pioneer brand in this system and the experience of over 20 years working together. Attached is the link to their website to see their history, evolution and treatment options that they provide: www.nobelbiocare.com
The main advantages these implants offer are:
- Absolute perfect biocompatibility and osseointegration.
- Lightweighted but tough: It is 4 times lighter than gold yet very durable and harder.
- Treatment with a single uniform metal: Titanium is used both in the implant and the prosthesis, so we rehabilitate using only one type of metal.
- High accuracy in interface areas.
- Low thermal conductivity: No sensitivity problems, unlike other metals (13.5 times less than gold and 3.2 less the chrome-cobalt)
- Radiographic translucency
- No involvement in taste
- Let us offer each case several possible solutions depending on the amount of bone remaining teeth, comfort for each person or economic reasons
In those cases with a little amount of bone, we may vary the angle of the implant without affecting the position of the tooth, since we have different angle abutments to correct the direction of the axis.
Types of prostheses available
- Single implants to replace a missing tooth
- Multiple implants (to rehabilitate from 2 teeth to the entire mouth)
- Fixed complete structures (all teeth ) with only 4 implants. This technique is called all-on-4
- Immediate implants, the implant and the cover can be placed the same day , provided the bone conditions permit. If not, a provisional prosthesis can be made.
- Implants in highly aesthetic areas with zirconium or ceramic covers, or ceramic/acrylic with “fake” gum in cases of severe bone atrophy.
- Provisional or definitive immediate prosthesis.
- Removable prosthesis on 2 or 4 implants for cases where there is not enough bone or where is more suitable this type of rehabilitation.
- We can use titanium, zirconium, ceramic or acrylic for the making of the prosthesis. We will use one or the other depending on the characteristics of each person. If you can use them all, we’ll talk about it in planning.
The next step in Dentistry.
Implant rehabilitation is now possible without using metal.
What is a zirconium implant?
It is a dental implant which is used to replace one or more missing teeth whose main property is that it is metal-free. Most implants currently used are titanium, and are really effective, they are used since many years ago because of their biocompatibility and perfect osseointegration, but they are made of metal. On the other hand, zirconium that we can now use in both the implants and the cases allows us to get the same results without the adversity of having to use titanium.
We work with CeraRoot implants because they are those who meet all the requirements of quality we seek.
10 reasons to use zirconium implants
- Biocompatibility and integration
Zirconium is completely biocompatible and therefore is possible an optimum osseointegration between the implant and bone.
- Allergies and sensitivities
There is a large number of people with allergies, sensitivities and other skin problems or immune system disorders that contraindicate the use of metal-made implants.
There are diagnostic tests currently available that help us rule out or detect potential allergies and/or sensitivities. One of them is the Melisa test (www.melisa.org)
- Holistic material.
The zirconium implants we use do not alter the energetic meridians . They could be classified as bio-inert.
The long-term success is one of the most important aspects of this system. Implants are designed to withstand masticatory and occlusion forces.
Each implant is specifically designed to replace a tooth in particular, to be as similar as possible to the original biological anatomy, conserving measures in diameter and height our teeth have.
- One piece design
The type of implant we use is called monoblock, which means that implant and abutment are a single piece , so you get an interface that could prevent fracture.
Plus, we avoid the growth of bacteria in the area of the interface, which could lead to a peri-implantitis.
- Single stage surgery
Only one surgery is necessary because the implants are designed to be placed in the same time of extraction, also minimally invasive surgery is possible in cases where there is no infection and have enough remaining bone and can do it without raising gum flaps , incisions or sutures. Also, when tooth loss is earlier in time the implant is placed and no need for a second surgery to unclog.
For the foregoing reasons, the patient will experience a significant increase in comfort and/or convenience to result in long-term success treatment.
- Corrosion resistance
Zirconium is resistant to chemical corrosion and thermal and electrical insulator, this means it is a bio-inert material and helps to keep the adjacent tissues completely healthy.
The absence of electrical conductivity of zirconium makes it more difficult for bacteria to adhere to the implant surface. Therefore hygiene and maintenance of implant prostheses is much simpler.
Recent studies from the University of Minnesota have confirmed the great CeraRoot implants osseointegration. Microscopical histological images show direct contact between bone and implant surface without inflammation or adverse reaction in adjacent tissues.
Zirconium is white , so there is no transparency at the level of gum or metal rings in the interface with the gum .